Hares & Hyenas and its performance venue the Hare Hole is the perfect setting for your next party, gathering, performance or screening. The venue is fully licensed and currently hosts about four shows per week ranging from large seasons for the annual festivals to regular spoken word nights, performance parties and events of all types presented by leading producers and artists. With professional sound and lighting infrastructure, the venue is fully disability accessible *(including the stage) and is licensed for 80 people. The Hare Hole is available for events of all sorts, private functions, performances, panel discussions, community functions, workshops, gatherings, parties and more. Make your next milestone event a special occasion at the Hare Hole.
Standard Venue Usage Terms (Performances at the Hare Hole)
Contact us for prices and conditions for venue usage. We have a range of packages to suit all users, with special deals for community groups and celebrations.
Hares & Hyenas provides:
- Licensed capacity 80.
- Seating for 70 to 75 (depending upon staging requirements)
- AV and lighting as described in Tech Specs & Inventory below
- Agreed venue set-up
- Updates on Facebook and Twitter – Facebook:6500 likes; Twitter: 3200 followers; Instagram 1600 followers
- Minimum of one eZine article to 2400 subscribers
- Creation of Facebook event if requested
- Event listing on Hares & Hyenas website
Venue Capacity & Accommodation:
- Hare Hole is a licensed venue with a legal capacity of 80 customers (75 seated)
- Seating inventory: 3 banks of 5-seat theatre seats (15 seats); 60 loose chairs
- 4 round 60cm x 60cm cafe tables (intimate cabaret); assorted other tables
- 4 rectangular tressle tables
- There are three toilets at the venue, one of which is adapted for use by wheelchair users.
Tech Specs & Inventory:
- Stage size: 44 cm elevation; 2.6 sq mtr width & depth, with additional 1.9 metres usable stage space at ground level (or on hired rostra).
- 6 programmable LED theatre lights (with lighting console)
- 4 XLR input mixing desk (Allen & Heath ZED-10FX sound desk)
- 6 Bosch 40 watt speakers in roof. (strong sound, good acoustics)
- 2 wall-mounted powered speakers
- 2 leaded microphones
- 1 handheld radio microphone and receiver
- 1 radio headset microphone and receiver
- 2 mic stands (one boom, one cabaret)
- 7 mic leads
- Foldback powered speaker
- Various other AV leads, fairy lights etc
- Desktop Macintosh linked to sound system
- Mac laptop for multimedia
- Basic DVD player
- Digital projector with Apple TV (While basic technical set-up is provided by Hares & Hyenas, the operation of the projector is the responsibility of the user.)
- Projection screen (aprox. 2 metre span)
- Stage ramp for wheelchair-using performers
- Shared multi-use dressing room with mirror and make up table etc.
- Mirror ball with two LED pin spot lights.